Revised and posted May, 2013
Please note that Privacy and Cookie Notices advising Customers and Prospects as to the specific uses that are being made of their Personally Identifiable Information by specific businesses within McGraw Hill Financial may also be modified from time to time to reflect changes in business practices. Those changes will appear in the relevant Privacy and Cookie Notice.
McGraw Hill Financial also complies with applicable non-U.S. laws that impose additional responsibilities on McGraw Hill Financial beyond those stated in this Policy, particularly in connection with the treatment of Personally Identifiable Information about its Customers and Prospects.
McGraw Hill Financial is committed to using all reasonable efforts to abide by the following Policy statement:
- Collection. Personally Identifiable Information will only be collected to the extent that McGraw Hill Financial deems reasonably necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose. Please be aware that if you disclose Personally Identifiable Information on web site message boards or chat areas, that information may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited communications from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of McGraw Hill Financial.
- Notification. Customers and Prospects will be notified (usually at the point where Personally Identifiable Information is collected) as to the uses the business may make of the Personally Identifiable Information collected from them.
- Choice: Opt Out for External Distribution of Personally Identifiable Information. Customers and Prospects will be given the opportunity to refuse permission for External Distribution of their name, address or other Personally Identifiable Information through an Opt Out mechanism. External Distribution does not include certain limited distributions such as sharing Personally Identifiable Information with an entity working on behalf of McGraw Hill Financial to serve our customers; transfer of Personally Identifiable Information in conjunction with the sale or similar transfer of a business; or the disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information in connection with legal proceedings, investigations of crimes or other wrongdoing. However, sharing Personally Identifiable Information with an entity working on behalf of McGraw Hill Financial or transferring Personally Identifiable Information in conjunction with the sale or similar transfer of a business is considered an Onward Transfer and will be handled as described below.
- Security. Appropriate safeguards will be implemented in an effort to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personally Identifiable Information about our Customers and Prospects.
- Access: Review and Correction. Procedures have been developed through which Customers and Prospects can, upon request, review and correct the Personally Identifiable Information that has been collected from them by McGraw Hill Financial. These procedures may not, however, compromise the security, integrity and privacy of either McGraw Hill Financial’s own proprietary databases or databases licensed from third-party companies.
- Sensitive Data. The collection and use of Sensitive Data carries with it special obligations and responsibilities in order to maintain the data's security, integrity and privacy. Sensitive Data will not be rented or otherwise made available for External Distribution outside McGraw Hill Financial (although it may be made available through Onward Transfer as described below). Customers and Prospects will be given the opportunity to refuse permission for their Sensitive Data to be distributed outside of the business that collected the Sensitive Data through use of an Opt Out mechanism for Internal Distribution within McGraw Hill Financial.
- Onward Transfer. Whenever McGraw Hill Financial permits a third party outside of McGraw Hill Financial to access Personally Identifiable Information through either External Distribution or Onward Transfer, commercially appropriate procedures will be followed to help ensure that the Information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices Customers and Prospects have made under this Policy, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. Please note that our web sites may contain links to other web sites that have their own privacy policies and practices. While McGraw Hill Financial will employ commercially appropriate procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, McGraw Hill Financial cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
The Corporation also has a standing Privacy Steering Committee, which oversees implementation of and compliance with our Policy and will adapt the Policy to reflect changes in technology and Customer expectations.
The Co-Chairs of the Committee are also charged with handling unresolved Customer concerns. You can reach the Co-Chairs by writing to McGraw Hill Financial’s Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Privacy, McGraw Hill Financial, 1200 G Street, NW, Suite 200, Washington, D.C. 20005. To ensure that we follow our stated Policy, we conduct periodic and random reviews of our web sites and other products and services. The results of our reviews are shared with senior management. In addition, a Report to Customers is made available annually.
Please read our Corporate Privacy and Cookie Notice, which applies specifically to any PII that may be collected through our Corporate web site.